Random thoughts bouncing around inside my head with nothing to block them as the brain is on vacation...
• Will everybody finally realize now that the Dallas Cowboys aren’t going to mount a great charge to make the playoffs? For goodness sakes, they’re 3-8 and it appears Tony Romo’s fragile collarbone may keep him out the rest of the year. For whatever reason, some pundits keep thinking they’re going to run off a streak and sneak in.
• The Chip Kelly era at Philadelphia appears to be in its final days. The Eagles, for the second straight week, quit during a game as they gave up 45 points to Detroit on Thursday after giving up 45 (at home, no less) to that renowned offensive juggernaut Tampa Bay. It’s obvious his players despise him and since you can’t fire the whole team, they’ll get their wish. I just can’t imagine this experiment lasting another year.
• Has anybody noticed, but only four teams in the AFC have better than .500 records? There are five in the NFC. That means just nine of 32 teams in the NFL are winners. No wonder there’s talk the NFL product is about as lowly regarded as it’s been in a long time.
• I’ve never figured this out. Why does KSHSAA play its championship football games on Thanksgiving weekend? A lot of families like to be together for the five days. Players have to cut short their holidays to practice on Friday and play on Saturday. Just eliminate one round of playoffs and it can end earlier.
• There’s the good Wayne Selden for the Kansas Jayhawks and the bad Wayne Selden. Just think how good they would be if the good Wayne would show up more than just sporadically.
• I thought Perry Ellis had gotten beyond the point of where he curls up into a ball against taller players. He had one field goal against Vanderbilt’s bigs on Wednesday, though he did grab eight rebounds. Ellis has to be a consistent 15 and 8 guy if the Jayhawks are to make the Final Four.
• Without Fred VanVleet on Thursday, Wichita State looked like just another run-of-the-mill team. I thought WSU’s No. 9 preseason ranking was based more on recent performance than actual talent, but the Shockers’ lack of size and experience was exposed by USC. Gregg Marshall had better be careful with Ron Baker, as he’s working him into the ground (39 minutes on Thursday).
• I didn’t remember to watch it, but Texas Tech’s victory Thursday over Texas assured the Longhorns a second straight losing season under Charlie Strong. Can anybody say “buyout?”
• KU basketball fans need to show some restraint. I’m sure they’re excited about Cheick Diallo finally getting eligible, but it’s a bit early to anoint him a savior. He does give the Jayhawks the rim protector that they’re missing, but from what I saw of him in All-Star games, he’s very raw offensively. Definitely not a one-and-done player unless he gets some bad advice.
• The worse the weather, the better it is for Kansas on Saturday in its football game against Kansas State. It can be the great equalizer. If it’s just cold, though, the Wildcats win in a walkover.
• There’s a report today that some 5-7 teams could possibly receive bowl invitations because there’s not enough .500 teams or better to choose from. What that tells me is that there’s way too many bowl games. The count is 41 and 20 years ago the number was 18. Can you say “watered down?”
• Ezekiel Elliott’s recent public undressing of Ohio State football coach Urban Meyer after the Buckeyes lost their first game of the season to Michigan State and Brannen Greene jawing with KU basketball coach Bill Self that earned him a six-game suspension are further proof the college athlete is feeling more empowered and that our society is shifting its values the wrong way. These instances came on the heels of the Missouri football team uniting to force change at the school’s administration. I haven’t heard of any sweeping changes at Mizzou since the firing, it’s like it’s all gone away. I blame everything like this on social media. Sometimes I wish I’d never heard of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and the like. Even the ‘60s were a better time than the tinderbox our country has become.
Due to the Thanksgiving holiday, Classic Hit 96.7 FM KBBE will not have Swap Shop on the air either Friday or Saturday in order to give our employees time off with their families.
We will offer special programming from ABC News in its place.
Happy Thanksgiving from the staff at KBBE/KNGL!
One was transported to McPherson Hospital following a Thanksgiving morning accident on U.S. Highway 56.
McPherson County Sheriff's deputies were called out to the 1900 block of U.S. 56 around 2:15 a.m. Thursday. Not many details are available at this time, though we do know that Kevin Dies of Lehigh was issued tickets for DUI, transport of an open container and failure to show proof of insurance.
McPherson EMS transported an unnamed patient to McPherson Hospital with possible injuries. Galva firefighters also responded to the accident.
Central Christian College’s women’s basketball game scheduled for Saturday in Bartlesville, Okla., against nationally ranked Oklahoma
McPherson College’s men are scheduled to play today and Saturday in the Bellevue (Neb.) Basketball Classic.
The wintry weather hasn't translated into problems in McPherson County.
As of 5:40 a.m., McPherson County
Congrats to our winners!!! Karen Larson winning a ticket to King Midas this Saturday at the Legion!!! Congrats to Mark Heidebrecht winning a free breakfast burrito from Taco John's!!! Congrats to Alma Nigh winning a ticket to the Holiday Tour of Homes!!! Congrats to Laura Hale to winning a free drink to The Well. Continue to listen to win!!!! --
Re-Use It Center in its new location at corner of of Kansas and 81 bypass will open December 3rd. Hours Tues 12-4 Thurs 3-7 & Sat 9-4 -- 620-245-0122
Pair of Bridgestone dueler tires RVT, 1 is brand new, other is 80% tread 235/70/16 $150 -- 620-504-4030
Montgomery Wood Burning Stove, antique late 50s or 60s never been used, fire brick $500 -- 620-755-9650
Bethany Home in Lindsborg 321 N. Chestnut Garage Sale and Crafts Sat until 2 inside, to the right in the activities center --
12" Alpine subwoofer with a custom performance box in great condition, works great $100 -- 316-209-8123
Congrats to our winners, Dennis Minner winning a ticket to McPherson American Legion Family Night, Thursday November 19th! Congrats to Jenette James winning a free Route 44 Soft Drink from Sonic!!! Continue to listen to win on KBBE 96.7fm!!! --
12" Alpine subwoofer with a custom performance box, works great $100 -- 316-209-8123
Congrats to our following winners, Tom Johnson & Robin Tully winning tickets to The Dark Side of The Moon at the Stiefel Theatre for this Friday, congrats to Don Hale winning a free drink to The Well!!! --
444 Lynn's Lane in Mustang Park Friday 9am-? --
Congrats to our winner, Tim Schaffer, winning a free breakfast burrito from Taco John's! Congrats to Joyce Canada winning a Free Route 44 soft drink from Sonic!!! --
Congratulations to our winners this morning! Robin Tulley won a ticket to 'The Game's Afoot' and Kevin Sherman won a ticket to the Haunted Museum, Sandra Lolling won a Free Drink from the well! And Gary Bowser won a Free Extra Value Meal from McDonald's! Thanks for listening to 96.7 KBBE!! --
Farmers Market Open Today in McPherson. Open now till Noon Saturday, next week is last week. Under blue top bld on West Woodside by 4h bld --
Congrats to our *Winners* this morning! Tom Hill won an Extra Value Meal from McDonald's! Liz Hedberg won a ticket to the Museum Haunted House! Robin Tulley won 2 Tickets to Asleep at the Wheel @ The Orpheum! Thanks for listening and playing!! --
Congratulations to *Barbara Taxhorn who won 2 tickets to Asleep at the Wheel at the Orpheum! Congrats to *Paula Orilion who won a ticket to the Museums Historical Haunted House! *Larry Goering won a free Taco John's breakfast burrito! Danette Janzen won a Rt. 44 fountain drink to Sonic! Congrats! Keep on listening to Mark & Lisa in the Mornings! --
Random thoughts bouncing around inside my head with nothing to block them as the brain is on vacation...
• Will everybody finally realize now that the Dallas Cowboys aren’t going to mount a great charge to make the playoffs? For goodness... Read More
Adorable 3 bedroom 3 bath ranch style home designed for today's lifestyle. Open living concept with cathedral ceiling and skylight is the perfect spot for holiday gatherings. Your morning coffee awaits you on the expansive wood deck overlooking your privacy fenced backyard. Whether your starting out or slowing down this is a property that demands your attention. Call Stacey today.
Beautiful home with cathedral ceilings, granite countertops and wood floors. Spacious bedrooms and owner's suite with jetted tub. (Enjoy a relaxing bath while you watch TV). Basement boasts a new bar area, 2 bedrooms, bath, hobby room plus mechanical/storage space. The deck with built in seating overlooks the large yard. Call Stacey now so you can make this home yours TODAY!
Super cute home ready for the next owners! Three bedrooms plus an office, and over 1400 square foot of finished space makes for plenty of room to start or grow in this home. Inside you will find the breakfast nook with built-in, dining space, main floor laundry, and a partial basement for storage. Call Tiffani today at 620-480-6448 for your personal tour!
Many updates to this cute bungalow! The kitchen has been completely remodeled with all new custom cabinets. The bathroom has been updated. New paint throughout the house. Other updates include a Manabloc plumbing system, 95% new wiring and insulation blown in by Loges Insulation. Newer HVAC and roof. Fenced backyard and detached garage. Don't let this one get away!Call Jeff at 620-245-1068 for a personal tour of this nice home.
A very nice house on a very nice cul-de-sac. This home has had a ton of improvements in the last few years. New flooring, updated kitchen, deck, roof, basement finish and more. The great room is truly great. The upstairs master suite is also great, and the newly redone basement has great possibilities. Get a very nice home in one of McPherson's finest locations. Call John at 620-242-7630 for a tour.
Many new upgrades in the last year in this spacious home including roof, gutters, 10x10 storage shed, new fence, new A-coil and condenser, light fixtures and ceiling fans, interior paint, front deck and 4 more inches of blown-in insulation. There is a Home Warranty effective until next May. There is a sprinkler system for the front and West side flower beds only. Curtains and bar chairs do not stay. Basement has a store room, mechanical room, family room and a non-conforming 4th bedroom. Call Sharon at 620-245-8877 to see this home.
This home is it....from the splash of colors mixed with the neutral right down to the cabinet pulls!! You'll enjoy vaulted ceilings throughout the main level which includes a living room with a fireplace flanked by windows; a master suite complete with separate dual sinks, a jetted tub and a separate double shower; a guest room; guest bath; and a dine-in kitchen highlighted by granite counters, beautiful wood floors, pull-out drawers in the pantry and a double built-in trash can. The daylight finished lower level is home to a family room sporting a walk-behind bar; 3 bedrooms; a 3rd full bath; and a laundry/storage room. Enjoy a partially covered deck with stairs leading down to a large private backyard with room to play; a large storage shed with an overhead door and NO backyard neighbors! Call Jeannie at 620-245-1078
Let's Go to the LAKE! Fantastic 2 bedroom 2010 Liberty mobile home on the Vacation Side at Marion County Lake. Can be purchased furnished or empty so you can bring your own furniture. This unit is in great shape, so you can spend time relaxing...all we need is you and your fishing pole.
Must see...it's bigger than it looks. Current owners have enjoyed the original hardwood floors, formal dining room with vintage chandelier, and spacious country kitchen with island and breakfast nook for over 30 years, but are now looking for the next owner of this great home. Upstairs has one bedroom, a gathering space (could be a 2nd bedroom, and walk-in closet. Main floor family room with cathedral ceiling was added in '99. Need room for your toys, we've got that with a 2 car detached garage, a 2 car carport in front of the garage, and a 12'x24' storage shed. Priced to SELL, so call today.
Country Home on 44+/- acres on blacktop road! Custom built in 1998 this 3 bedroom, 2 bath home requires very little maintenance with brick exterior walls and wrapped trim. Established shelter belt surrounding the homestead offers great protection from the elements and fantastic privacy, which is exactly why you want to live in the country. The oversized attached 2 car garage is perfect for the daily drivers while the dreamy 30' x 40' detached garage awaits your projects and toys (fully insulated, sheetrock, work benches with air ports...). Surrounding 40+/- acres is currently in dry crop with possession to follow after the 2016 wheat harvest.
One owner home with recent updates that include new roof, guttering, exterior paint, central heat and much more. Spacious floor plan with 2 bedrooms on the main floor and a 3rd nonconforming bedroom in the finished basement. The covered wood deck off the dining area is the perfect spot to enjoy the shaded yard and established garden.
Neat, clean, and Ready for YOU! This 2 bedroom home has a fully equipped kitchen (including washer and dryer), formal dining room and a large privacy fenced back yard. Current owners have updated the central heat and air conditioning unit and replaced the main sewer line from the house to the main. New roof prior to closing is included at this price, so call today while interest rates are still LOW.
Let's go back in time...to 1885. Quality craftsmanship, ornate details, solid wood library doors, tall ceilings and oak hardwood floors tell the story of this Victorian jewel. Built for entertaining, you'll always feel at home as you enter the foyer through the intricately carved front door with beveled glass, retreat to the library with its pocket doors (with keyed lock) and stunning wood and marble fireplace mantel, or practice your ball room dancing (just like American Legion members did in the forties) in the upstairs meeting room (family room to us now). Nostalgic kitchen and bathrooms, Butler pantry, front and back staircases, and so many more features, you'll want to see in person. Call/text Kristi today for your opportunity to own a piece of McPherson history.
Hurry, Hurry, Hurry! Plenty of character abounds in this darling bungalow from the arch on the front porch, the fireplace in the living room, corner curio cabinet, down to the built-in in book/display case in the front bedroom. Owners' bedroom has a large closet. The kitchen is a workhorse with lots of cabinetry, counters, planning desk, china cabinet and a small closet designed for table linens. Main floor laundry room off the garage offers even more storage plus a shower and wash sink. Darling & spacious upstairs bedroom has hardwood floors, great natural lighting, walk through closet and a half bath. The garage has recently been pampered with all new wiring, insulation, lights and interior walls...NICE! This property is a keeper, call Kristi TODAY!
Seeking dedicated carpenter with a passion for older homes to breathe new life into this classic two story with finished attic. Recent years have not been kind to the property, but the possibilities are many. Property is subject to First Look for owner occupant offers with official clock at HomePath.com. Contact Horizon Real Estate Services, bring your tape measure and creativity to your personal showing of this Lindsborg home that is centrally located between Bethany College and downtown.
A little bit of Country! Small 1.4 Acre homestead with a great windbreak is in compliant with county planning and zoning regulations. Spacious 2 bedroom home with tile throughout for easy clean-up. Country kitchen has great storage and plenty of room for a table. Newer vinyl replacement windows and updated electrical boxes. Basement is unfinished. Property is subject to First Look for owner occupant offers, please refer to HomePath.com for the official clock.
LOT FOR SALE
Bring your dream home plans!
View of the water.
NEW PRICE! OPEN HOUSE Sun. Nov. 22nd 1-2:30pm. First time offered to the public!! Inside this one owner, all electric home you'll find 5 bedrooms, 3 baths and an open floor plan. 3 bedrooms 2 baths on the main level including the owner's suite with a tray ceiling, walk in closet & bathroom. Vaulted ceiling in the living, kitchen & dining area with a bay patio door. The finished basement has 2 bedrooms and 1 bath. The wet bar and projection TV in the family room are sure to please and perfect for entertaining! The tandem 3 car garage will provide plenty of space for your cars and/or projects.