Except for Hesston, the high school volleyball season ended for the McPherson area schools during sub-state action on Saturday.
• Canton-Galva — The Eagles completed their season at 9-22 after a first-round 25-18, 25-15 loss to Olpe.
• Elyria Christian School — The Eagles were outlasted in three sets by Central Christian (19-25, 25-15, 16-25) in the semifinals and finished the year with a 19-16 record.
• Moundridge — The Wildcats advanced to the finals at Udall, only to lose to Leon-Bluestem in straight sets. Leon-Bluestem was the No. 4 seed going in, but defeated the Wildcats 25-21, 25-21. MHS finished 20-18 in Bryan Otte’s first year back as head coach.
• Inman — Also at Udall, arch-rival Moundridge took out the Teutons in the second round in a three-setter. The Wildcats won 25-14, 20-25, 25-15. Inman was 26-12 in its first year under coach Emily Butler.
• Little River — The Redskins were a 25-21, 22-25, 25-21 first-round winner over Victoria before losing to eventual champion Sylvan Grove-Lucas in a thrilling three-setter in the semifinals, 20-25, 25-20, 25-27. The Redskins were 14-22 on the season in Kim Rolfs’ first year as coach.
• Smoky Valley — The Vikings finished their season with 7-25, 11-25 losses to Concordia. The Vikes were 1-34.