The McPherson Chamber of Commerce Leadership Advisory Committee is excited to announce the Leadership McPherson class of 2021:
- Kaila Bell (Ferguson Production)
- Jason Cummins (McPherson Police Department)
- Abigayle Morgan (McPherson College)
- Tammy Welch (The Cedars)
- Karolyn Moore (McPherson Housing Coalition)
- Erica Rivera (The Cedars)
- Hannah Howard (Adams Brown)
- Kristen Montgomery (McPherson Center for Health)
- Aly Weyand (Emprise Bank)
- Dan Bumgarner (Multi Community Diversified Services)
- Tifanie Becker (Swindoll, Janzen, Hawk and Loyd)
These leaders will start their journey on August 4 with a team building activity. They will come together for 6 more class sessions, and two-day virtual program through the Kansas Leadership Center called Your Leadership Edge.
According to research at the Kansas Leadership Center the following benefits of participating in a community leadership program were identified.
- Employee leadership = Enhanced employee engagement
- Three Times as Likely to Serve in a Civic Role
- Community Engagement Outcomes Increase
- Confident to Lead a Group
Leadership McPherson has been a professional development program of the McPherson Chamber of Commerce since 1982 and continues to be an impactful program. The in-depth, educational program focuses on developing leadership competencies and giving participants the skills to move organizations and businesses forward. It is also a terrific opportunity to connect with others and make a difference.